Chief Medical Officer, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon
Maria D. Padin, MD
Dr. Padin was named Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in November 2015. In this role, Dr. Padin focuses on clinical and physician-related responsibilities specific to the academic medical center. She will lead efforts in overseeing and coordinating, with the Chief Nursing Officer, cross-disciplinary hospital functions, applying system policies related to physicians at the medical center; managing, with the Chief Quality Officer, accreditation issues; and maintaining and updating professional staff bylaws/rules and regulations.
Dr. Padin joined Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord in 1997 in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, where she went on to serve as Department Chair and then became the Medical Director for D-H Concord in 2010. She is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and her clinical interests include robotic surgery, minimally invasive gynecology and pelvic floor prolapse.
Dr. Padin earned her medical degree at Dartmouth Medical School, and completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Maine Medical Center. She earned her undergraduate degree at Occidental College in Los Angeles, where she worked advocacy for Maternal Child Health in Los Angeles and with the March of Dimes.
She is a former Treasurer/Secretary of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and former Vice Chair of the NH Section of the organization. She previously served as chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Concord Hospital, and was a member of the Medical Executive Committee.
Maria has four grown children, Carlene, Daniel, Rachel and Marysol, and she and her husband currently resides in Grantham, NH.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Facts
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Leadership
- Board of Trustees
- Chief Executive Officer and President
- Chief Operating Officer of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (D-HH)
- Chief Strategy Officer
- Chief Clinical Officer
- Chief Medical Officer, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon
- Chief Nursing Officer, Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Chief Nursing Executive, D-H Health System
- Chief Quality and Value Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel
- Chief Medical Information Officer
- Interim Chief Human Resources Officer
- Chief Pharmacy Officer
- Community Outreach
- Our Collaborations
- Population Health Management
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACO)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Magazine