125 Years of Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital
May 3rd of this year marks the 125th anniversary since the opening of Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital (MHMH) in Hanover, New Hampshire, which is now part of Dartmouth-Hitchcock. All of these years later, Dartmouth-Hitchcock continues the tradition of caring for those across New Hampshire and Vermont. Plan to come celebrate this important milestone time in our history.
Save the Dates
To commemorate this important anniversary two events are planned.
A Special Celebration
Thursday, May 3
12:00 noon to 1:00 pm
at the Main Rotunda on Level 3, at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC)
Featuring a brief presentation by Jim Varnum, former president of MHMH, light refreshments and entertainment. More information about the event.
Celebrate 125 Years of Caring for Our Community
Sunday, May 6
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Guest speakers beginning at 1:00 pm, Auditoria A-D, Level 3: Anne-Lee Verville, Chair, Dartmouth-Hitchcock and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Boards of Trustees; James Varnum, former MHMH President; Joanne Conroy, MD, Chief Executive Officer and President, Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Health Fair, Main Mall, Level 3: stroke awareness, hands-only CPR, skin cancer screening, tobacco cessation, injury prevention, know your numbers, blood pressure check, blood donation, DHART, Aging Resource Center, Women’s Health Resource Center, Patient Safety Training Center
- Memory Wall, Main Mall, Level 3: Share your favorite memories of MHMH
- Hospitals Days Drive, Fuller Board Room, Level 3: In tribute to Hospital Days of old in which the community donated food and goods for hospital patients, bring a food item which will be donated to local organizations.
- More information about the event.
Refreshments available and entertainment by the Dartmouth-Aires.
Hospital Days - Donations
To honor the tradition of Hospital Days, we invite you to donate an item to benefit Upper Valley Haven in White River Junction, VT and the LISTEN Community Services, Lebanon, NH.
Most needed food items
- peanut butter
- beans (kidney, pinto, cannellini, chick peas)
- pasta and pasta sauce (no glass jars please)
Our most needed toiletry items include
- dental floss
- feminine hygiene products