Advantages of 1-Day Surgery
When you visit the Elliot Health System | Dartmouth-Hitchcock 1-Day Surgery center, you experience unique benefits:
As an outpatient ambulatory center, Elliot Health System | Dartmouth-Hitchcock 1-Day Surgery is considered a lower cost option as compared to a hospital setting. To determine the cost to you, please check with your insurance provider regarding any co-pays or deductibles for which you might be responsible.
- Services close to home
- Free on-site parking and valet service makes it easy for you to come in and out
- Have the peace of mind that you can return home by day’s end for a more comfortable recovery
Patient and visitor comfort
We have built an expert team of surgeons, nurses, technicians and anesthesiologists to provide you with exceptional care before, during, and after your surgery. These providers are specially trained for pediatric and adult outpatient surgical care. You can trust that everyone at our facility is working together to create an experience that is as positive, convenient and comfortable as possible for you and your family.
Here is what you can expect
- Expertise in minimally invasive surgery, provided in technologically-advanced surgical suites
- A patient-friendly environment with pediatric-friendly waiting and recovery areas
- A private area for pre-operative and post-operative care where one or two family members can spend time with you before and after surgery
- A nurse to keep families updated on their loved one's progress
- An on-site cafeteria with a large variety of food and drink options (as well as computers for public access)
- Wi-Fi availability throughout the building
- Follow-up phone calls and care advice after you go home (when needed)