About Bariatric Surgery at DHMC
Candidates should keep in mind that bariatric surgery is not a magic cure for obesity. It is a tool that should be used in tandem with a healthy diet and regular daily exercise to control obesity. Lost weight can be quickly regained if you continue to overeat and not adhere to a healthy diet.
Bariatric surgery is not a cosmetic procedure whereby fat is removed by liposuction (or by any other method) during the procedure. If you are interested in plastic surgery after weight loss surgery in order to remove excess fat and skin, we will refer you to the DHMC Cosmetic Surgery Center no sooner than 18 months after your surgery and after your weight loss has been stable for one year.
The Dartmouth Hitchock Medical Center Lebanon program is accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).
Bariatric surgical procedures
- Information Sessions
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord
- Surgical Weight Loss Program at Cheshire Medical Center/D-H
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester
- Bariatric Program Surgeries
- Bariatric Surgery Health Resources