Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord bariatric surgery program offers three types of bariatric surgeries that are performed at Elliot Hospital in Manchester, NH. Concord's program is accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).
Weight loss surgeries currently available include:
Am I a Candidate?
All Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord patients must meet minimal criteria for bariatric surgery as proposed by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Consensus Development Program Panel Report.
NIH criteria includes:
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40.
- A BMI between 35 and 40 and at high risk for serious obesity-related conditions that could cause death--such as sleep apnea, heart problems, or severe diabetes.
- Failed attempts at traditional weight loss methods.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord bariatric surgery program criteria:
- BMI Limits: < 60 Females; < 60 Males
- Age Limits: < 65 years old when you start the program
- Information Sessions
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord
- Surgical Weight Loss Program at Cheshire Medical Center/D-H
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester
- Bariatric Program Surgeries
- Bariatric Surgery Health Resources