Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester
At Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester, we offer bariatric surgery services through the Elliot Hospital in Manchester, NH. Our program is accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).
Weight loss surgeries currently available to you include:
Am I a Candidate?
You must meet minimal criteria for bariatric surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester as proposed by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Consensus Development Program Panel Report.
NIH criteria include:
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40
- A BMI between 35 and 40 and at high risk for serious obesity-related conditions that could cause death, such as sleep apnea, heart problems, or severe diabetes
- Failed attempts at traditional weight loss methods
Our program criteria (in addition to above NIH criteria) includes:
- Weight under 500 pounds at the time of surgery.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Information Sessions
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord
- Surgical Weight Loss Program at Cheshire Medical Center/D-H
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester
- Steps Before Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester
- Bariatric Surgery Classes & Support Groups at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester
- Bariatric Surgery Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Team
- Other Team Members
- Appointment Information for the Bariatric Surgery Program at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester
- Bariatric Program Surgeries
- Bariatric Surgery Health Resources