Computer System Integration
This system-wide computer system integration will help us to better serve you through easier scheduling of appointments, centralized patient information and a better billing process.
How the Computer System Integration Will Change Payment Plans and Budgets
There are a number of options for those who find paying their Dartmouth-Hitchcock balance a hardship. One of those options is a payment (budget) plan. Here are some things that will change for budget plans:
- You may be contacted by a Conifer Health Solutions staff member on behalf of Dartmouth-Hitchcock when your balance moves to self-pay to help in identifying options for payment and/or setting up a payment plan.
- The management of budget plans will have a different process. A staff member from Conifer Health Solutions – a vendor that Dartmouth-Hitchcock has partnered with for revenue management services – will proactively contact you when you have a new balance to help you add it to your budget plan.
- If you have a budget/payment plan for balances before Oct. 1 and for services rendered after Oct. 1, we will need to have separate budget plans set up for each outstanding balance.
Spouses will no longer be listed on the same budget plan because adults must be their own guarantor (person responsible for payment) to assure privacy of all services.
How the Computer System Integration Will Improve Your Billing Statements
As part of this computer system transition, we are joining our billing system with the electronic health record system. This means that you will be receiving only one billing statement for all the services you receive at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (see exception below). Here are a few other changes you can expect:
- Reminder letters and statements will look different. They will be better organized and easier to understand.
- If you have a balance for services prior to Oct. 1, you will continue to receive multiple billing statements for these services until the previous balance (for services before Oct. 1) have been paid.
- Because the privacy of our patients is very important to us, if you are over the age of 18, you can only designate yourself as the guarantor or person responsible for the bills. Your spouse will no longer be an option. Patients under the age of 18 will be assigned a guarantor (person responsible for the bills). A guarantor may have multiple dependent children on the account.
- If you are signed up with myD-H (our online patient portal), you will be able to see more detail related to your outstanding balances for all the services you receive at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. There will be a separate link to billing information for services rendered before Oct. 1.