Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery: Recovery Coach Academy
ALL Together, a program of Dartmouth-Hitchcock, and Hypertherm are pleased to present the nationally recognized training academy, Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery: Recovery Coach Academy.
What is a Recovery Coach? Anyone interested in promoting recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery and serving as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking or already in recovery.
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a 5-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills need to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. Provided in a retreat like environment, the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, ask really good questions, and discover and manage their own stuff.
All participants who attend in full, will receive a Certificate of Achievement upon completion of an online evaluation after the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy©.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
Each day of the Recovery Coach Academy© is set up so that participants gain the necessary skills and knowledge to be a Recovery Coach by using the principles behind adult learning theory which states:
- Adults are internally motivated and self-directed
- Adults bring life experiences and knowledge to learning experiences
- Adults are goal oriented
- Adults are relevancy oriented
- Adults are practical
- Adult learners like to be respected
To register, email the following information to Aita Romain (email@example.com) by December 29, 2016:
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
You can also register by filling out the registration form on the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© flyer (PDF).
Keywords: Community Health Education, Medical Certification and Continuing Education, Mental and Spiritual Wellness