Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
Tuesday January 20, 2015
1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Organization: Women's Health Resource Center
Join us for a life affirming workshop in conscious living. We will practice guided instruction in mindfulness meditation, gentle stretching and mindful yoga. Our practice will be enhanced by group dialogue and discussions aimed at increased awareness in everyday life. Additionally, there will be home assignments with four practice CDs. The course consists of six weekly classes and one day long Saturday retreat.
Participants in the past have benefited from reductions in stress, chronic pain or illness, anxiety, stomach ailments, sleep disturbances, fatigue, high blood pressure and headaches. This class was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and there is reliable research that supports claims that participants experience enhanced psychological hardiness and a greater sense of meaning and purpose in their lives.
Please note that participants must attend the Free Introduction prior to the full series. Please call us if you have a conflict on the evening of January 13.
Tuesdays, January 20-March 10
Saturday Retreat: February 28, 9am-5pm
$295 for the 8 weeks and the one day retreat
Melissa Laverack, MAT, MA, DHMC Relief Chaplain, MBSR teacher.
Landon Hall, M.A., MBSR teacher training program at the Center for Mindfulness at the University of California, San Diego.
All classes take place at the Women’s Health Resource Center, on the mall in Lebanon, unless otherwise noted.
- Space is limited, so please pre-register by calling (603) 650-2600.
- All classes must be paid for in full one week before they begin, and we are unable to provide refunds for a program after that date.
- WHRC reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment.
- In case of bad weather, class cancellations will be made on the day of the class: by 2:30 pm for evening classes, and by 8:30 am for daytime classes.
- Some managed care plans are now offering reimbursement to their subscribers for participation in our health care classes. Call your employer or insurance customer representative to find out if you are eligible.