Endoscopy involves using thin flexible tubes which transmit images to the doctor via high resolution monitors. This information is used to diagnose and treat a variety of disorders of the gastrointestinal system. We have the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipment to ensure a safe and accurate examination.
Procedures performed in the Endoscopy Center:
The doctor uses a thin, flexible tube to examine the large intestine for growths that may lead to colon cancer.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) with biopsy, also known as Upper Endoscopy
Uses a tiny video camera to look at the swallowing tube (the esophagus), the stomach and the beginning of the small intestine.
Upper GI specialties include the diagnosis and treatment of:
- Esophageal strictures
- Esophageal varices
- Stomach ulcers
- Gastric tumors
- Gastric outlet obstructions
- Duodenal ulcers
- Pancreatic and biliary tumors
Lower GI specialties include screening for and diagnosing:
- Diseases of the small bowel and colon
- Lower GI bleeding
- Rectal cancer
- Perirectal masses
Our expertise includes endoscopic ultrasound and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) techniques. We use ERCP to evaluate and manage conditions of the biliary and pancreatic ducts, including stones and tumors.
Our Endoscopy Center is an outpatient ambulatory center, which is considered a lower cost option as compared to a hospital setting. Our primary focus is on the care of adults and children over the age of 18.
More Appointment Information:
- Phone: (603) 629-1800
- Fax: (603) 629-1730
- Address: 100 Hitchcock Way, Manchester, NH 03104
- Location: The Endoscopy Center at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester is located on Level Three in the West Wing.
- Colonoscopy and upper endoscopy preparation instructions