The Vascular Medicine program provides care for patients with diseases of blood vessels, including arterial, venous and lymphatic disorders.
Our experienced and nationally acclaimed specialists in vascular medicine work in a multidisciplinary manner with vascular surgeons, and other specialists in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Heart and Vascular Center to evaluate and treat vascular diseases, such as:
- Aortic diseases
- Carotid artery disease
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Peripheral artery disease
- Raynaud's phenomenon
- Renal artery stenosis
- Venous insufficiency
Our program also collaborates with The Preventive Cardiology & Lipid Clinic and others to identify and treat conditions that put you at risk for atherosclerosis or thrombosis, such as hypertension, dyslipidemia (high cholesterol), diabetes, and hypercoagulable states.
Services you can receive from our program
- Comprehensive vascular evaluation including a complete medical history and physical examination.
- Longitudinal medical management for your vascular disease including risk factor modification and other evidence based medical therapies.
- Referral for smoking cessation, nutritional counseling, and exercise rehabilitation.
- Preoperative cardiovascular risk assessment prior to vascular surgery.
- Laboratory / imaging studies when appropriate, including noninvasive vascular examination, vascular ultrasound, computed tomography angiography (CTA) and magnetic resonance angiography (MRA).
- Referral for endovascular intervention or vascular surgery when indicated by your condition.
- Our Team
- Programs and Services
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program
- Anticoagulation Services
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular Imaging
- Heart Failure, Cardiomyopathy & Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- Interventional Cardiology & Structural Heart Disease Program
- The Preventive Cardiology & Lipid Clinic
- Sports Cardiology
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Vascular Medicine
- Vascular Surgery
- Patient Stories and Heart Health Tips
- Research and Clinical Trials
- For Health Care Professionals
- Appointments and Referrals