Decision Aid Library
Patient decision aids are educational tools that give you information about your options and encourage you to think about what is important to you as you make your healthcare choices. These paper, DVD or web based tools may be used before, after or during your medical appointment.
What Do We Have In Our Library?
- A lending library of DVD/booklet decision aids developed by the Informed Medical Decisions Foundation and produced by Health Dialog. Many of these can be sent as a web link to Dartmouth-Hitchcock patients who have an active myDH account.
- Browse the Healthwise Decision Points on medical tests, medicines, surgeries, and treatments on the Dartmouth-Hitchcock website.
- The Ottawa Personal Decision Guide© is a tool designed to help people make health-related and social decisions. The guide helps you assess your decision-making needs, think about what is important to you in making your choice, and plan your next steps.
- Our Prenatal Testing and Genetic Counseling video and companion booklet (PDF) can help you determine whether prenatal screening is right for you. Learn more.
- Is Prostate Screening Right for Me? This article from Norris Cotton Cancer Center will help you decide.
- A video about shared decision making, Getting the Healthcare That's Right for You. The video provides an introduction to evidence-based medicine and shared decision making.
How To Borrow Materials
- If you are a patient at DHMC and wish to borrow materials from our lending library to help you with a personal medical decision, stop by our offices, call (603) 650-5578 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have access to a DVD player at home, contact us to schedule an appointment to view the program at the Center.
- Ask us to help you find the right web-based resources to support you with your healthcare decision making.