The Tobacco Dependence Treatment Clinic can help you quit.
All interested participants are welcome! The clinic is covered by most insurance programs. You do not have to be a Dartmouth-Hitchcock patient to register.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment for the Tobacco Dependence Treatment Clinic program in Manchester, please call (603) 695-2940.
Note: Some health insurance policies require that you have a referral from your family doctor (primary care provider, or PCP) to make an appointment. Please review your health insurance coverage before calling for an appointment.
- The program is 4 to 6 weeks long.
- Each participant has an individualized treatment plan, which may include one-on-one visits or the option to attend group sessions.
- Initial visits are for 60 minutes and include a detailed history of your tobacco use, a brief medical history and physical exam, a discussion of any concerns or barriers you have regarding quitting tobacco, and a carbon monoxide (CO) screening test, which is a simple breathalyzer test that measures your level of CO. People who smoke have much higher blood carboxyhemoglobin than non-smokers.
- Follow-up visits are 30 minutes long, during which time the provider will utilize behavioral counseling, assess any challenges you may be experiencing, and determine the effectiveness and/or possible side effects of medications.
Karen Mattson, APRN, MS, FNP has worked with smokers for the past 10 years. For the past 5 years, she has worked in the Allergy Department at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester. She received additional training as a Tobacco Treatment Specialist at the University of Massachusetts Medical School In the fall of 2009. As a nurse practitioner, she helps smokers quit by using medications and behavioral techniques.
Hours and Location
We are located at Notre Dame Pavilion at Catholic Medical Center in the Neurology Department on the second floor.
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
87 McGregor Street
Manchester, NH 03102