The Medical Infusion Clinic is a non-urgent 10-chair unit, that provides outpatient infusion services to Adult and Pediatric patients (greater than 40kg).
The Medical Infusion Clinic nurses provide care to patients with a variety of medical conditions that require infusions (such as: autoimmune disease, infectious disease, primary care, and disorders including, but not limited to connective tissue, neurological and gastrointestinal).
Treatments and activities performed include administration of:
- Therapeutic monoclonal antibodies
- Blood products
- Electrolyte replacement
- Chemotherapy (administered to patients with non-malignant diagnoses)
The Medical Infusion team is a versatile and dynamic group dedicated to providing quality care to patients requiring infusion services. We practice collaboratively with referring departments which enables us to provide the best care.
- Gastroenterology/ Hepatology
- Hypertension/ Nephrology
- General Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics/ Gynecology
- Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT)/ Infectious Disease
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Transplant Surgery