Classes & Support Groups
The Women's Health Resource Center (WHRC) offers many classes on childbirth, baby care, fitness, and first aid. This DHMC service also features one-on-one pregnancy counseling, a large lending library, a boutique of useful items for babies and mothers, and much more.
We recommend that you sign up for childbirth classes when you are about four months pregnant, and try to schedule your classes for late in your pregnancy. Our many classes and groups include:
- A Time to Be Born, which covers labor and birth
- Taking Care of Baby, covering everything you'll need to know in the baby's first six months
- Breastfeeding, The Best Start, with our certified lactation consultants
- The Fourth Trimester, an informal gathering for moms and newborns
- Parenting and Baby Support Groups offer support for fathers, new parents, and those with children who have special needs.
- OB/GYN: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Our Locations
- Prenatal Testing and Genetic Counseling
- High Risk Pregnancy/Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Giving Birth
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information