If your pregnancy has had certain complications, you may need to have a planned C-section delivery. Or, in some cases, a physician may recommend an unplanned C-section when there are problems during a normal delivery.
Cesarean births at DHMC
Our obstetricians, midwives, and Family Practice providers believe that vaginal birth is the best for the majority of women. However C-section can be used safely to assist a woman with birth in specific situations.
Compare our care
- In 2006-2007, only 15 percent of the births in the DHMC Birthing Pavilion were by unplanned C-section.
- During the same period, 93 percent of women who chose to attempt a vaginal birth after previously having a C-section birth successfully delivered their babies vaginally at the DHMC Birthing Pavilion. Read more about Vaginal Birth after Cesarean (VBAC).
- OB/GYN: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Our Locations
- Prenatal Testing and Genetic Counseling
- High Risk Pregnancy/Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Giving Birth
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information