At Dartmouth-Hitchcock Ophthalmology, we provide common eye surgeries to treat various eye conditions. Please refer to the following topics from the American Academy™ of Ophthalmology website to learn more about these common eye surgeries:
- Cataract Surgery: An operation to remove your eye's lens when it is cloudy.
- Cornea Transplantation: When the diseased cornea is replaced with a clear, healthy cornea from a human donor.
- Surgery for Open-Angle Glaucoma: Surgery to help stop further damage from glaucoma.
- Torn or Detached Retina Treatment: When a retinal tear or a detached retina is repaired with a surgical procedure.
- Vitrectomy Surgery: When your ophthalmologist removes vitreous gel and blood from leaking vessels in the back of your eye.