Stretching Exercises for Athletes
The following static stretching exercises have been designed by the physical therapists on our Sports Medicine Team to help athletes of all ages - from the full-time school athlete to the weekend warrior - maintain or improve their flexibility and strength.
The following dynamic stretching exercises are designed for the warm-up phase before a sport or activity. These exercises prepare the muscles for exertion, and help increase performance.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a personal consultation, contact our Sports Medicine Team.
- Why Choose Dartmouth-Hitchcock Orthopaedics?
- Common Conditions and Treatments
- Conditions and Treatments A to Z
- Arms, Wrists, and Hands
- Broken Bones (Trauma)
- Joint Replacement Program
- Legs, Ankles, and Feet
- Non-Surgical Treatment Options
- Sports Medicine
- Classes and Support Groups
- Patient Stories
- Clinical Trials
- The Crutch Program
- Our Teams
- More Appointment Information