Inpatient Service provides 24-hour diagnostic and therapeutic treatment for all acute psychiatric problems with the basic goal of attaining safety and stabilization. Therapy approaches are primarily medication and group therapy, and arrangements for appropriate follow-up care.
A multidisciplinary treatment team composed of various mental health professionals, including two attending physicians, address the multiple needs of each patient with continuous monitoring, assessment, and documentation of patient condition and response to treatment. A continuous range of services—including inpatient, partial, and intensive outpatient—are available in the same location.
Disorders addressed include:
- Psychotic disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Dual diagnosis abuse disorders
- Other behavioral disorders
Individual care and support
On the Inpatient Psychiatry Service, treatment programs are designed with individual goals and solutions in mind. Patients practice skills in groups occurring throughout the day and evening, seven days a week.
The program offers:
- A variety of innovative treatment programs, which teach patients the skills to make lasting changes in their lives.
- A professional interdisciplinary treatment team that provides quality, expert care.
- Academic medical center resources, including latest treatment methods, research, and education.
- Comprehensive psychological, neuropsychiatric and diagnostic assessments.
- Psychiatric medical treatment including psychopharmacology.
- Treatment tracks designed to meet the needs of the older adult, adults with eating disorders, and other special needs.
- Twenty-four hour nursing care and availability of a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services including on-site emergency services.
- Patient Care Managers who assure individualized comprehensive and coordinated care for each patient.
- Family and provider involvement in treatment planning increases the chances of success after discharge.
- Coordination of care with outpatient providers to ensure continuity of treatment.
Individual treatment modules allow patients to focus on issues. Groups are offered in a supportive atmosphere with similar focus on topics relevant to the patients' situations. Recovery starts at admission when patients begin to design the strategies they will use to manage their symptoms and prevent future setbacks.
- Services at DHMC
- Crisis and Consultation Services
- Substance Use Intensive Outpatient Program
- Moms in Recovery
- Inpatient Services
- Adult Outpatient Services
- Mood Disorders Service
- Child & Adolescent Outpatient Services
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Facts About Mental Health Problems and Their Treatment
- What to Expect When You Come in For Outpatient Care
- More Appointment Information
- Services at NH Hospital
- Services at WRJ Veterans Administration
- Services at West Central Behavioral Health
- Glossary of Terms
- Research & Clinical Trials
- Our Team