Tobacco Dependence Clinic
Smoking is the leading preventable cause of death, and quitting is the single most important thing you can do for your health.
However, it's hard to quit smoking and you might need some help. Nicotine in tobacco is an addictive drug and it can be a very difficult to quit. Seventy percent of all adult smokers want to quit smoking but are overwhelmed with the process.
We can help!
Our Tobacco Dependence Clinics
We have tobacco dependence clinics in these locations:
- Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Keene, NH
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC), Lebanon, NH
Other programs at DHMC
- Living Free of Tobacco support group: For anyone who has quit tobacco or is considering quitting tobacco.
DHMC Health Education Center, Level 4, East Mall
3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of every month.
- Tobacco program for employees and their dependents: One-on-one counseling for Dartmouth-Hitchcock employees and dependents.
- Smoking cessation program for thoracic and cardiac surgery patients.
Betsy Maislen, ARNP
Other programs in the area
See our Other Local Programs page for information about non-DHMC based programs.
Information about quitting smoking and tobacco
See our Quitting Smoking - Information and Materials page for educational information about quitting smoking, downloadable smoking cessation materials, podcasts, websites, helplines, and more.