In This Section
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Kale
Servings: 8 (1 cup servings)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 large sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional spices to use: red pepper flakes, chili powder, chopped herbs, minced garlic
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice potatoes into cubes, toss with olive oil, spice, salt and pepper.
- Wash and chop kale, toss with olive oil, spice, salt and pepper.
- Place veggies on separate trays and roast the kale for 10 minutes for kale, the potatoes for 20 minutes, tossing every 3-5 minutes until the potatoes are tender and slightly browned, and the kale is crispy.
- Substitute different vegetables for roasting.
- Use roasted vegetables in salads, frittatas, rice or whole grain pasta.
- Add some spice!
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories 120, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Carbohydrates 13g, Protein 1g, Sodium, 95mg
Download a PDF version of this recipe here.