Stories: Research and InnovationIn This Section
- Helping Moms and Babies in the Heroin CrisisJuly 9
NBC Nightly News featured Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Perinatal Addiction Treatment Program in helping women and their babies overcome heroin addiction.
- NPR: Dr. John Birkmeyer on Low-Volume Surgery RestrictionsJuly 7
John Birkmeyer, MD, executive vice president, Integrated Delivery System and chief academic officer, was interviewed on NPR about low-volume surgery restrictions for 10 complex procedures.
- Engaging Students and the Community in Heart Disease PreventionMay 22
Dr. Timothy Beaver, associate director of Echocardiography and the Dartmouth College Athletics Team Cardiologist, leads initiatives to prevent Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD) in student-athletes.
- Healthy Workers Add to Business ValueBy Mike Barwell | May 13
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Occupational Health Expert Dr. Robert McLellan helps write proposal for new framework to integrate workplace health and safety.
- Medicare Slowdown at RiskBy Rick Adams | March 5
Improving both the financial model of ACOs and patient engagement in those ACOs are the two main recommendations of a new white paper to be presented to Congressional leaders in Washington next week.
- Genetic Counseling: Beneficial for Your FamilyBy Katelyn Turner | February 24
At D-H, genetic counselors provide services through three departments: Familial Cancer Program (Hematology/Oncology), Medical Genetics (Pediatrics) and Prenatal (OB-GYN).