Stories: Words of WellnessIn This Section
- Winter Safety: Carbon MonoxideFebruary 16
Each year, 184 children in the United States die each year due to carbon monoxide poisoning and more than 20,000 children visit the emergency room.
- Preventing Slips, Trips and FallsDecember 13
Slip, trips and falls are a major cause of injury not only on the job, but also at home, out shopping and when doing leisure activities. Here are some tips to prevent injuries from a fall.
- Nutrition for Older AdultsMay 31
Choosing healthy foods and fluids becomes especially important at this stage of life, and more challenging.
- Stop the BleedBy Bonnie Barber | May 31
D-Hs Trauma Surgery Team and Community Health Department are teaching average people with little to no medical training on how to help control life-threatening bleeding from traumatic injuries.
- National Health Care Decisions Day - Sun., April 16March 31
Discuss your values and wishes for care with someone who you trust to speak on your behalf if you are unable to speak for yourself, and document it in an advance directive.
- Protecting Your HeartFebruary 28
In this video, Roxcy shares some heart attack symptoms and tips about keeping your heart healthy like eating right, exercising and not smoking.