About Thoracic Surgery
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Section of Thoracic Surgery offers a range of surgical treatment options from traditional, open surgery to video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) and robotic video-assisted thoracic surgery (RVATS). However, we specialize in the use of VATS and RVATS in the treatment of thoracic conditions:
- To decrease pain and shorten time to recovery for patients
- To improve patient outcomes and long-term benefit
- To advance surgical practice in the treatment of late stage disease and complex thoracic procedures
Our Commitment to You
- Expert diagnosis and treatment that delivers the best surgery for you.
- Technically robust treatment options that are at the forefront of thoracic surgical care.
- Collaboration with your other physicians and specialists in the Comprehensive Thoracic Oncology Program (CTOP) to ensure that you receive the most effective and coordinated care.
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of our surgical procedures and processes.
- Research, evaluation and training, with a focus on patient outcome and benefit, in order to advance the science and delivery of thoracic surgical care.