Orientation and Evaluation Sessions
Once you have been referred to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Transplant Center, your first step will be to attend our Orientation and Evaluation Session. At this three-hour session, you will:
- Learn the pros and cons of getting a transplant
- Gain a better understanding of the transplant process
- Understand what you can expect after surgery
- Receive a complete evaluation from members of our Transplant Center team
The evaluation helps our team decide if you can be placed on the list for transplantation surgery. It includes:
- Medical clearance. We want to make sure you do not have additional medical problems that would make transplantation unsafe.
- Surgical clearance
- Dietary evaluation
- Social work evaluation
- Financial counseling
Once you have been approved for transplantation surgery, you may not need to return to DHMC until a donor organ is available.
Time and location
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Lebanon: Sessions are held from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm every Thursday at Reception 4L on Level 4.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Specialty Care at Bedford Medical Park (5 Washington Place): Sessions are held from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm on the first Thursday of each month in the 2nd Floor Conference Room.
- Why Come to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Transplant Center?
- About Kidney Disease
- About Kidney Transplants
- Becoming a Living Kidney Donor
- Glossary of Transplant Terms
- Orientation and Evaluation Sessions
- Related Links
- Clinical Trials
- Our Team
- Other Team Members
- Transplant Team Roles
- More Appointment Information