Online & Community Resources
The Women's Health Resource Center (WHRC) isn't the only place where women can find support. Many departments at Dartmouth-Hitchcock and local organizations cover issues in women's health.
Resources at Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Comprehensive Breast Cancer Program: Compassionate care that treats the whole person with the latest therapies.
- Gynecology: Annual exams, family planning, sexual health, menopause and surgeries.
- Obstetrics: Information about our pregnancy care, prenatal testing, infertility treatment, high-risk pregnancy care, and labor and delivery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
- Urogynecology: Treatment of pelvic floor disorders, a range of conditions involving the reproductive urinary, and lower digestive systems.
In the following video, learn more about CenteringPregnancy®, a program that can help you move beyond a strictly clinical situation and experience your pregnancy through a more shared and empowered approach.
In the following video, watch interviews with moms and providers about the many benefits of breastfeeding and the resources available at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
In the following video, Bonny Whalen, MD, Medical Director of the Newborn Nursery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in Lebanon, NH, shares information about caring for your newborn.
In this video, you can learn about:
- Your baby's first few hours
- Security in the Birthing Pavilion at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Early tests and procedures
- Feeding your baby, sleep patterns, and visitors
- The Period of Purple Crying program
- Further tests and treatments for your baby
- Various activities that will take place before you take your baby home
Caring for Your Newborn Video Chapters
- Introduction to Caring for Your Newborn (1:16)
- Your Baby's First Few Hours (2:11)
- Security in the Birthing Pavilion (1:19)
- Early Tests and Procedures (5:02)
- Feeding Your Baby (6:12)
- Sleep Patterns and Your New Baby (1:49)
- Naptime and Visitors (:58)
- Period of Purple Crying (2:11)
- Further Tests and Treatments (:56)
- Other Activities in the Birthing Pavilion (3:14)
Learn more about the DHMC Birthing Pavilion.