Chief Nursing Officer, Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Karen Fay Clements, RN, BSN, MSB, FACHE
Karen Clements was named Chief Nursing Officer for Dartmouth-Hitchcock in September 2016. A U.S. Army Nurse Corps veteran of Operation Desert Storm, she has been the Associate Chief Nursing Officer at Dartmouth-Hitchcock since 2016, most recently overseeing Nursing in Ambulatory, Primary Care, Emergency and Psychiatric Services, Care Management, System Staffing and Patient Placement. She has more than 20 years of experience in providing emergency care, strategic planning, operations, and new program development in both tertiary and small specialty hospitals.
Before joining Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Clements was the Vice President of Nursing, Chief Nursing Officer and Vice President of Patient Care Services at Acadia Hospital in Bangor, ME. She also worked for 19 years in multiple roles at Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor.
Clements attained the rank of captain in the U.S. Army Nurse Corps and is a member of several professional health organizations. She is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Clements is involved in the Upper Valley region as a volunteer for organizations including the Hanover Chamber of Commerce, Granite United Way and the Girl Scouts. She is President-elect of Riverside-Lebanon Rotary Club in Lebanon, NH.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Leadership
- Board of Trustees
- Chief Executive Officer and President
- Chief Quality and Value Officer
- Chief Nursing Officer, Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Chief Pharmacy Officer
- Acting Chief Medical Officer for DHMC
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Operating Officer of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (D-HH)
- Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel
- Chief Strategy Officer
- Chief Clinical Officer
- Chief Medical Officer, Southern D-H Region/Community Group Practice (CGP)
- Executive Vice President, DHMC and Chief Nursing Executive, D-HH System
- Chief Health Information Officer
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital
- Cheshire Medical Center
- Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center
- New London Hospital
- Visiting Nurse and Hospice for Vermont and New Hampshire