Facts and Figures
- Annually, Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) has more than 1.6 million outpatient visits, performs nearly 23,000 surgeries, discharges more than 28,000 patients, and cares for 21,000 emergency visits in our Lebanon Emergency Department.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon—New Hampshire’s only academic medical center—includes a 396-bed (licensed) hospital with the only Level 1—the highest-level designation—trauma center, and the only air ambulance service (DHART). Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center covers more than 2 million square feet.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester has served the state’s largest city for more than 30 years, opening in 1984.
- D-H cares for the top 5 percent of the sickest, most complex patients—a measure known as “case mix index”—in the nation.
- D-H provided more than $179 million in community benefits in 2018, including $10.5 million in charity care.
- 40 percent of D-H’s patients come from Vermont; D-H is the second-largest provider of care to Vermonters.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock has more than 13,000 permanent full- and part-time employees at locations in New Hampshire and Vermont. Dartmouth-Hitchcock is the largest private employer in the state of New Hampshire. Its flagship, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, employs more than 5,000 employees. Employee counts include:
- More than 1,300 physicians, residents and fellows, and associate providers
- More than 1,800 direct-care nurses
- More than 1,200 allied health professionals
- (75%) of D-H employees live in New Hampshire; (24%) live in Vermont.
- D-H's workforce development efforts, through the D-H Workforce Readiness Institute, were recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor as a leader in the field through the White House-sponsored job training initiative "Upskilling America."
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Leadership
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital
- Cheshire Medical Center
- Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center
- New London Hospital
- Visiting Nurse and Hospice for Vermont and New Hampshire