Chief Medical Officer, Southern D-H Region/Community Group Practice (CGP)
Maria D. Padin, MD
Maria D. Padin, MD, was named Chief Medical Officer of the Southern D-H Region/Community Group Practice (CGP) in February 2020. In this role, Dr. Padin focuses on clinical and physician-related responsibilities specific to the CGP. She will lead efforts in overseeing and coordinating, with the Chief Nursing Officer, cross-disciplinary hospital functions, applying system policies related to physicians; managing, with the Chief Quality Officer, accreditation issues; and maintaining and updating professional staff bylaws/rules and regulations.
Dr. Padin joined Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord in 1997 in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, where she went on to serve as Department Chair and then became the Medical Director for D-H Concord in 2010. In 2015, she was named Chief Medical Officer of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. She is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and her clinical interests include robotic surgery, minimally invasive gynecology and pelvic floor prolapse.
Dr. Padin earned her medical degree at Dartmouth Medical School, and completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Maine Medical Center. She earned her undergraduate degree at Occidental College in Los Angeles, where she worked advocacy for Maternal Child Health in Los Angeles and with the March of Dimes.
She is a former Treasurer/Secretary of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and former Vice Chair of the NH Section of the organization. She previously served as chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Concord Hospital, and was a member of the Medical Executive Committee.
Maria has four grown children, Carlene, Daniel, Rachel and Marysol, and she and her husband currently resides in Grantham, NH.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Facts
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Leadership
- Board of Trustees
- Chief Executive Officer and President
- Chief Quality and Value Officer
- Chief Nursing Officer, Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Chief Pharmacy Officer
- Acting Chief Medical Officer for DHMC
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Operating Officer of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (D-HH)
- Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel
- Chief Strategy Officer
- Chief Clinical Officer
- Chief Medical Officer, Southern D-H Region/Community Group Practice (CGP)
- Chief Nursing Executive (CNE), D-H Health System and Executive VP for D-H Research & Education
- Chief Health Information Officer
- Community Outreach
- Our Collaborations
- Population Health
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACO)
- Awards and Honors
- 125th Anniversary of MHMH