Your First Appointment at the Acoustic Neuroma Clinic
At your first appointment, you will meet with Dr. James Saunders, Neurotologist, who leads the acoustic neuroma treatment team. You will also meet with Amber Merrill, Nurse Practitioner for the Acoustic Neuroma Clinic. Dr. Saunders will review the history of your symptoms, complete a neurotology examination, review your hearing test and MRI, and discuss your diagnosis and treatment options. We will refer you to other members of our treatment team as needed. At this visit and each visit afterward, you will be asked to complete a brief patient questionnaire.
What you need for your first appointment:
- A CD of your most recent MRI. You may also have this sent to us electronically.
- Any prior hearing tests, including the most recent hearing test.
If you have films or hearing tests sent to us, please call Tina Wood to confirm they are received: (603) 650-9763.
- Services and Capabilities
- Acoustic Neuroma Clinic
- Your First Appointment
- Making Your Treatment Decision
- Preparing for Your Acoustic Neuroma Surgery
- Your Surgery & Hospitalization: What to Expect
- Recovery at Home and Taking Care of Yourself
- Getting Back to Activities of Daily Living
- Follow-Up Appointments
- Safety, Exercises & Rehabilitation
- Questions or Concerns?
- Acoustic Neuroma Clinic Team
- Other Team Members
- Patient Information Sheets
- Patient Stories
- Research and Clinical Trials
- For Health Care Professionals
- Our Team
- Appointments and Referrals