Age-Related Health Encyclopedia Articles
To provide you with helpful health information related to aging, please refer to the following articles on our Dartmouth-Hitchcock Healthwise® Health Encyclopedia website.
- Age-Related Hearing Loss: Information about your ability to hear as it reduces due to aging.
- Alzheimer's Disease: Topic overview of Alzheimer's disease, including causes, symptoms, and treatments.
- Cancer: A learning center topic for Cancer that provides links to health topics, medical tests, decision-making tools, and take action articles.
- Cataracts: A description of Cataracts, including causes, symptoms, and treatment.
- Coping With Changing Sleep Patterns as You Get Older: A topic about sleep patterns and how they naturally change as you age.
- Dementia: Overview topic about dementia, including metabolic causes.
- Depression in Older Adults: A topic on the causes of depression in older adults and how it can be improved.
- Enlarged Prostate: Information about Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) or an enlarged prostate gland.
- Healthy Aging - Normal Aging: Age-related information for bones, muscles and joints, skin, hair and nails, hormone production, organs, tissues and cells, heart and blood vessels, lungs, senses, and vital signs.
- Heart Attack and Unstable Angina: A topic overview of heart attacks and angina.
- Menopause and Perimenopause: Definitions of menopause and perimenopause, symptoms, and possible treatments.
- Osteoarthritis: Information about Osteoarthritis, a painful problem with the joints.
- Sexuality and Physical Changes With Aging: For women and men.
- Stroke: Information about Strokes and using the FAST acronym as a way to remember signs of stroke symptoms.
- Tremor: A topic about Tremors, an involuntary shaking movement.
- Type 2 Diabetes: A description and causes of Type 2 Diabetes, a list of symptoms, and how to treat the condition.