VIRTUAL - Living a Healthy Life: Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
Leaders: Catherine Amarante, RN, MSN, and Sharon Feeney, BA
This is a free 6-week, online, evidence-based program to help you with symptoms of chronic illness.
In this program, you will discuss strategies to:
- Deal with frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
- Exercise appropriately to maintain and improve strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Use medications appropriately
- Communicate effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Practice good nutrition
- Balance activity and rest
- Evaluate new treatments
Participants will receive a copy of the book "Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions," an exercise CD, and a relaxation CD. They will also make weekly action plans , share experiences, and help each other address any issues with their self-management.
If you have questions or would like to register, call 603-653-6847 or email Sharon.M.Feeney@hitchcock.org . Space is limited and we request that you do your best to attend all classes.
This program is comprised of six sessions on Tuesdays, 10/6 to 11/10, 1:00 to 3:30 pm.