Skip to main content
Dartmouth-Hitchcock logo
Summer Flowers In This Section

Advance Directives

In New Hampshire you have the right to let others know your wishes in advance regarding medical care through a Living Will and a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care. You have the right to indicate what medical care you would want to accept or refuse should you become incapacitated.

A federal law known as the Patient Self-Determination Act requires that upon admission to the hospital you be asked if you have a Living Will and/or Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care. If you have one or both documents, please provide them to your provider and to keep them on file.

Read more about advance care planning.

Contact Us