Anticoagulation Clinic Patient Support and Education
To provide you with helpful health information related to anticoagulation, please refer to the following articles. Most of these articles go to our Dartmouth-Hitchcock Healthwise® Health Encyclopedia website.
- Anticoagulants: Information about anticoagulants, including why they are used and their side effects.
- Anticoagulants: What to Do if You Miss a Dose: Topic overview of what to do if you missed a dose of anticoagulant.
- Anticoagulation Diet: Tips, menus, and recipes to follow when you are on warfarin.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Overview topic about atrial fibrillation, the most common type of irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia).
- Atrial Fibrillation and Daily Life: Information about the impact of atrial fibrillation on your daily life.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Which Anticoagulant Should I Take to Prevent Stroke?: Information to help you decide which anticoagulant you should take to prevent stroke.
- Blood Clots: A topic about blood clots that form in a vein.
- Deep Venous Thrombosis: Topic overview of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a blood clot (thrombus) in a deep vein.
- Heart Valve Replacement: Information about heart valve replacement, also known as mitral valve replacement surgery.
- Prothrombin Time and INR: Test overview for the prothrombin time (PT) blood test, which is also called an INR (international normalized ratio) test.
- Pulmonary Embolism: A topic about pulmonary embolism, which is the sudden blockage of a major blood vessel in the lung.
- Warfarin: Information about the drug warfarin, also known as Coumadin.
- Warfarin and Vitamin K: Topic overview about the importance of Vitamin K when you are taking warfarin.
- Warfarin: Taking Your Medicine Safely: Information about the steps to taking warfarin safely.