Skip to main content
Dartmouth-Hitchcock logo
Summer Flowers In This Section

Emergencies and Urgent Care

In case of a life-threatening emergency

Call 911, or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room for immediate medical attention.

Notify your Dartmouth-Hitchcock family doctor (primary care provider, or PCP) as soon as possible. 

For conditions that are not life-threatening

Please call your doctor's office. See Phone Numbers by Department if you need the number. Nurses in your doctor's office can determine the medical urgency of your condition, offer home care advice, or schedule an appointment.