Setting Up and Attending Your Appointment
myD-H Video Visits
You can now connect with your provider through your myD-H portal virtually with a scheduled myD-H Video Visit. You can join the myD-H Video Visit from your tablet, smartphone, computer or laptop. For ease of setup, we recommend you use your smartphone or tablet to join the visit.
This guide will walk you through the setup steps to complete prior to your visit, as well as what you should do on the day of your visit to connect with your provider. Please note: for pediatric patients, the parent or guardian will need to have access to the myD-H proxy account to be able to join the myD-H Video Visit.
If you need technical assistance call 603-695-2822
Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Things to do
- Set up your phone, tablet, or computer to attend a myD-H Video Visit before your visit.
- Connect to your myD-H Video Visit on the day of your visit.
Tablet/ Smartphone setup
Step one: If you plan to join your myD-H Video Visit using your personal smartphone or tablet, you will need to install the Zoom app . If you have already downloaded the Zoom app to your device, you are good to go!
- Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from the App Store (iOS / Apple devices)
- Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from Google Play (Android devices)
Step two: you will also need to download the myChart app. If you have already myChart to your device, you are good to go!
- Download myChart from the App store (iOS / Apple devices)
- Download myChart from Google Play (Android devices)
Computer / Laptop setup
If you plan to join your myD-H Video Visit from your computer your laptop, you will need to download and install Zoom. Follow these instructions if you do not already have Zoom installed on your computer.
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc) and visit the following link: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting.
- Click the download button for Zoom Client for Meetings and follow the prompts to install the application on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, you will have the software necessary to connect to your visit. Please note: you do not need to download Zoom again for future visits.
- You will need to disable pop-up blockers in your internet browser. If you are unsure how to do this, review the instructions on this page related to the browser you use.
- Test your audiovisual connection by visiting https://zoom.us/test.
- Click Join.
- Click Open.
- Click Join with Video.
- Confirm that you can hear the ringtone.
- Confirm that you can hear your voice play back.
- Click Join with Computer Audio.
- When satisfied, wave your mouse over the screen to make the Zoom toolbar appear, then click End in the bottom right corner of the Zoom screen.
Starting your appointment on a tablet or smartphone
Starting 30 minutes before your appointment, you will find the link to connect to your visit within your myD-H portal.
- Open your MyChart app.
- Sign into your myD-H account.
- Select Visits.
- Select your myD-H Video Visit and tap Begin Visit.
- The Zoom app will launch. The “Waiting for host to start this meeting” screen will appear and stay until your provider enters the video visit.
- Once the provider joins the visit, you will see your video preview appear. Select Join with Video.
- You will then be presented with an audio screen. Select Call using Internet Audio.
Starting your appointment on a desktop computer or laptop
Starting 30 minutes prior to your scheduled myD-H Video Visit, you will find the link to connect to the visit within your myD-H portal.
- Sign into your myD-H account.
- On the top of the webpage, select Visits.
- Click the Details button next to your myD-H video visit.
- Click the Begin video visit button.
- Your computer will open your default web browswer. Click Open Zoom Meetings on the pop-up window that appears.
- The window below will appear and stay until your provider enters the video visit.
- Once the provider has entered the video visit, you will be prompted with a video preview. Click Join with Video.
- Conect the audio portion of the visit by clicking the Phone Call button.
- Dial one of the phone numbers listed and follow the prompts to enter your Meeting ID and Participant ID.Note: the option exists to use your computer for audio. If you choose this option please ensure your are able to confirm your microphone settings are on.
Inviting someone to join your appointment
Once your provider has joined you in your myD-H Video Visit, the option is available to send the meeting link to family or friends to join your visit with you.
- In the bottom of your Zoom screen, click Participants.
- In the bottom right, select Invite.
- Select Email.
- Select which email option you would like to use to send the invitation.
- Your email will open with the Zoom meeting and password information. Enter the recipient you wish to send the invite to and click send.
- Click Participants.
- Click Invite.
- Select one of the options from the list that appears.
Customizing your screen
Below is an example of what your visit window will look like on a computer/laptop with some callouts of what the most important buttons do. Things you can do to customize your experience include:
- Change View – you can see the Gallery View (below) or the Speaker View which is a dynamic view that puts the speaker into a bigger window with the non-speakers in smaller windows.
- Start/Stop the Video – If you need some privacy, you can click Stop Video towards the bottom left of your screen. This stops sharing your video until you allow your video to be seen again.
- Office Hours
- Scheduling Appointments
- Emergencies and Urgent Care
- Preparing for Your First Visit
- Your Rights & Privacy
- Virtual Visits
- Visiting Policy