When it is time to go home, your doctor will write an order for you to be discharged. Before you go, the team will review your plan of care to make sure that you and your family know about the care you will need at home.
Many patients are discharged from the North Entrance of the hospital, not the main entrance. Please make sure your driver meets you at the correct entrance.
After you go home, you may receive a telephone call or a survey in the mail, asking you about the care you received while in the hospital. Information from these surveys helps us to continually improve care.
After your stay
Addressing your medical needs
The Office of Care Management can find help for you in your hometown after you are discharged, including:
- Visiting nurses
- Medical equipment
- Financial aid
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Rehabilitative care
- Access to medical assistance programs
You may have your prescriptions filled at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Outpatient Pharmacy. The Dartmouth-Hitchcock pharmacy accepts many insurance plans and credit cards. A senior discount is available.
- Telephone: (603) 653-3785
- Location: Level 3 of the Faulkner Building.
- Hours: Monday through Friday: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday and Holidays: Closed
(Holidays include New Years, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day)
Contact Patient Financial Services for information on insurance, financial assistance, and our billing process. Important: DO NOT send credit card information via email.
- Parking, Transportation, & Maps
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Flowers, Gifts & Conveniences
- Cafeterias & Other Dining Options
- Art, Music & Walking Paths
- Service Dog and Pet Visitation
- Lodging Assistance (Rest Easy)
- Hospital Stays