Specialty Pharmacy Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
Dartmouth-Hitchcock patients have the right to courteous, respectful, and confidential treatment. Please review Dartmouth-Hitchcock's full Notice of Privacy Practices and Your Rights as a Patient at Dartmouth-Hitchcock:
Specialty Pharmacy Patient Bill of Rights
In addition to your rights as a patient at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, patients of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Specialty Pharmacy have the right to:
- Know about the philosophy and characteristics of the patient management program
- Have personal health information shared with the patient management program only, in accordance with state and Federal law.
- Identify the program's staff members-including their job title, and to speak with a staff member's supervisor if requested.
- Speak to a health care professional.
- Receive information about the patient management program.
- Receive administrative information regarding changes in, or termination of, the patient management program
- Decline participation, revoke consent, or withdraw enrollment at any point in time.
- Submit any forms that are necessary to participate in the program, to the extent required by law.
- Give accurate clinical and contact information, and to notify the patient management program of changes in this information and notify their treating provider of their participation in the patient management program, if applicable.
- Parking, Transportation, & Maps
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Flowers, Gifts & Conveniences
- Cafeterias & Other Dining Options
- Art, Music & Walking Paths
- Service Dog and Pet Visitation
- Lodging Assistance (Rest Easy)
- Hospital Stays