Lodging Assistance (Rest Easy)
Patients and visitors come to Dartmouth-Hitchcock from across the United States, Canada, and abroad. To accommodate those traveling long distances, Dartmouth-Hitchcock has developed the Rest Easy Program to provide basic information about local lodging facilities (within a 12-mile radius of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center) that have expressed a willingness to offer specially discounted rates, when available, to assist in meeting the needs of patients, their family, and friends who wish to stay overnight close to the medical center.
If you need information about public transportation options, see Parking, Transportation, & Maps.
Things to know
- A Rest Easy Discounted Room Rate Voucher (PDF) is necessary to receive discounted room rates. Vouchers are also available at any DHMC Information Desk, and at many of the lodging facilities.
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The number of “specially discounted rooms and rates” vary between listed lodging facilities.
- Rates vary by facility, and are not printed on this website. Please check with the individual facilities.
- Rest Easy room rates may not be available during special event weeks or weekends and peak tourist seasons.
- To cancel a reservation, please contact the hotel directly as soon as possible.
- Guests are responsible for paying the hotel directly.
- Responsibility for lodging rates, services, and accommodations rests solely with the individual facility offering Rest Easy rates.
Places to stay
The Rest Easy brochure (PDF) contains a map of the area with the facilities marked. Directions to the facilities from DHMC can be found at the DHMC Information Desks or by calling (603) 650-5245 or (603) 650-4514, or by calling the facility directly.
|Lodging||Approximate mileage from DHMC|
|Courtyard by Marriott
|Dowd’s Country Inn
|Fireside Inn and Suites
|Holiday Inn Express and Suites
|Marriott Residence Inn
|Six South Street Hotel
|Super 8 Motel
|Trumbull House B&B
Dartmouth-Hitchcock has no affiliation with any of these businesses. This information is provided as a courtesy for our patients and their families.
Special lodging facilities
Located adjacent to the Medical Center, on Mount Support Road, David's House is a facility designed for families with children who are receiving treatments through Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth (CHaD) at DHMC.
The Maynard House
A friendly, affordable nonprofit guest house proving homelike lodging for patients, their caregivers and family members since 1978 (formerly the Upper Valley Hostel). Reservations required. Two miles from DHMC. Located in Hanover, NH on the public transportation line and within walking distance to in-town amenities. Free Wi-fi.
Guests make reservations directly with the lodging facilities. Please keep in mind that a Rest Easy Discounted Room Rate Voucher (PDF) is necessary to receive discounted room rates.
If assistance is needed, or if there are questions, please call one of the DHMC Information Desks at (603) 650-5245.
For more information, view The Rest Easy brochure (PDF).