Steps Before Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord/Manchester
To enroll in the program, all patients must attend a Bariatric Surgery Introductory Meeting. This group meets monthly at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester. Call (603) 695-2870 to pre-register.
- Meet with our obesity medicine specialist for a history and physical, discussion on your unique reason you have weight issues, and treatment plan. Lab work and additional tests may be ordered.
- Attend a minimum of two Bariatric Surgery Informational Meetings. At each meeting, a bariatric team representative will talk about the surgery options and give you information on what your life will look like before and after bariatric surgery.
There are different rotating topics each month during our informational meetings (subject to change without notice). See topics below:
Date Topic Tuesday, February 20, 2018 Weight and Wellness, with Sarah Finn, MD Friday, March 9, 2018 Psychology, with Shawne Diaz, MA, LCMHC (note special time: 2 to 3 pm) Tuesday, April 17, 2018 The Hospital Experience: What To Expect During Your Hospitalization Tuesday, May 15, 2018 Nutrition, with Shauna Lafond, RD Tuesday, June 19, 2018 Psychology, with Shawne Diaz, MA, LCMHC Tuesday, July 17, 2018 The Hospital Experience: What To Expect During Your Hospitalization Tuesday, August 21, 2018 Exercise, with Courtney Hathway, Welliot Tuesday, September 18, 2018 Psychology, Therapist, Shawne Diaz, MA, LCMHC Tuesday, October 16, 2018 The Hospital Experience: What To Expect During Your Hospitalization Tuesday, November 20, 2018 Weight and Wellness, with Sarah Finn, MD Tuesday, December 18, 2018 Nutrition, with Shauna Lafond, RD
- Meet with a psychologist to determine emotional stability and suitability for weight loss surgery.
- There is a mandatory 10-pound weight loss requirement that is endorsed by our graduates as a valuable tool in starting the process of examining your current diet and beginning to make changes toward a more healthy diet in the future.
- Smoking cessation at least 6 weeks prior to surgery is mandatory.
- Patients must be willing to maintain a therapeutic relationship and participate in regular follow up care with the Bariatric Surgery Program team, and take the recommended vitamin and mineral supplements after surgery.
- Information Sessions
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord/Manchester
- Steps Before Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord/Manchester
- Bariatric Surgery Classes & Support Groups at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord/Manchester
- Bariatric Surgery Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Team
- Other Team Members
- Appointment Information for the Bariatric Surgery Program at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord/Manchester
- Treatments and Services
- Patient Support and Education