Steps Before Surgery
The following steps ensure that you are fully educated about bariatric surgery and can prepare appropriately for the procedure:
- Step One: Introduction to Bariatric Surgery Session
Attend an Introduction to Bariatric Surgery session.
- Step Two: Insurance Worksheet
When you attend the "Introduction to the DHMC Bariatric Surgery Program" meeting, you will receive an insurance worksheet to complete.
- Step Three: Register Online
Register for the Bariatric Surgery Program at hitchcock.remedyehr.com. You should only register after attending an Introduction Session and confirming that you have insurance coverage.
- Step Four: Program Packet and Checklist
Gather needed information for your program packet, including a psychological examination.
- Step Five: Bariatric Educational Seminars
View online three bariatric educational seminars.
- Step Six: Weight Loss
Ongoing weight loss is highly encouraged before surgery to show your commitment to making nutritional and lifestyle changes.
- Step Seven: Evaluations
Attend evaluation meetings with a nurse practitioner, dietitian, and the bariatric surgeon.
- Step Eight: Final Instructions
Attend a pre-operative class and receive other instructions once your surgery date is set.
- Information Sessions
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- About Bariatric Surgery
- Patient Stories
- Steps Before Surgery
- After Surgery
- Videos and Lectures
- For Referring Physicians
- Our Team
- Other Team Members
- Appointment Information for the Bariatric Surgery Program at DHMC
- Bariatric Surgery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord/Manchester
- Bariatric Program Surgeries
- Bariatric Surgery Health Resources