Vermont Health Connect Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Am I eligible to buy a plan through Vermont Health Connect?
A: Vermont Health Connect is for individuals, families and small businesses in Vermont. This includes:
- Vermonters who do not have health insurance
- Vermonters who currently purchase insurance for themselves
- Vermonters who have Medicaid
- Vermonters who currently have Catamount, VHAP or Dr. Dynasaur
- Vermonters who are offered unaffordable coverage by their employers
- Small businesses in Vermont that provide coverage for their employees
Q: Can I receive financial assistance when I purchase a health plan through Vermont Health Connect?
A: Most Vermonters will be eligible to receive financial assistance when they purchase a health plan through Vermont Health Connect. To find out if you are eligible for advanced tax credits to help you pay for premiums, or additional help with out of pocket costs, visit www.vermonthealthconnect.gov.
Q: What kinds of plans are available through Vermont Health Connect?
A: Blue Cross Blue Shield, MVP and Delta Dental offer private plans through Vermont Health Connect. You can also enroll in Medicaid and Dr. Dynasaur by visiting Vermont Health Connect. All health plans offered must meet minimum federal guidelines for the kinds of services that are covered called Essential Health Benefits, and must cover at least 60% of the out of pocket costs of services. Essential Health Benefits include preventative care such as mammograms and vaccinations, ER visits, rehabilitative and habilitative services, mental health, labs, maternity and newborn care, hospitalization, prescription drug coverage, and ambulatory services. For more information about plans, please visit www.vermonthealthconnect.gov.
- Billing Office
- Insurances Accepted by Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Financial Assistance
- Charges for Services
- Referrals and Precertifications
- Insurance Marketplaces
- Frequently Asked Questions