Before Your Mammogram
- If you have had mammograms elsewhere, please call that facility and have your results sent to us before your appointment—these tests will be needed for comparison.
- Please do not bring your children with you—the mammographer cannot watch your children and give you her full attention.
- Try to schedule your mammogram for the week following your menstrual period, when your breasts are less tender.
- Wear a two-piece outfit to the examination, so you will only have to remove your top.
- Don't apply powders, ointments or creams to your chest area the day of the exam, because these products can show up on the X-ray images and can make it difficult to interpret.
- If you wear deodorant, please apply it sparingly, as you will be asked to wash it off before your mammogram.