Common Conditions, Tests, and Treatments
We treat a wide array of conditions, but the most common ones include aneurysms, AVMs (arteriovenous malformations), carotid artery stenosis, intracranial atherosclerosis, and strokes.
Refer to the following sections for more information about common conditions, tests, and treatments provided by the Cerebrovascular Disease and Stroke Program:
- Aneurysm: Information about cerebral aneurysms, which are a weakness or dilation of a blood vessel wall.
- Arteriovenous Fistula (AVF): Topic about AVF, which can occur in multiple locations in the brain and spine and represent an abnormal connection of the arterial and venous systems.
- Arteriovenous Malformations (AVM): Learn about AVM, an abnormal connection of arteries to veins.
- Carotid Stenosis: Details about cartoid stenosis, which is narrowing of one or both of the carotid arteries that irrigate a significant amount brain tissue.
- Cerebral Cavernous Malformation (CCM): A topic on CCM, which is an abnormally formed cluster of enlarged blood vessels that can occur in the brain and spinal cord.
- Developmental Venous Anomaly (DVA): Learn about DVM and how it is diagnosed and treated.
- Moyamoya: Details about moyomoya, a disorder of the arteries of the brain where there is progressive narrowing which can lead to stroke, seizures and loss of neurologic function.
- Magnetic Resonance Angiogram (MRA): A Dartmouth-Hitchcock Healthwise® Health Encyclopedia test overview of MRA, a type of MRI scan that uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to provide pictures of blood vessels inside the body.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): A Dartmouth-Hitchcock Healthwise® Health Encyclopedia overview of the MRI test that uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to make pictures of organs and structures inside the body.
- Ischemic, Hemorrhagic Strokes and TIAs: Information about strokes and transient ischemic attacks.
- Vein of Galen Malformation (VOG): Learn about VOG and how it is diagnosed and treated.
- About the Program
- Patient Stories
- Common Conditions, Tests, and Treatments
- Research and Clinical Trials
- For Health Care Professionals
- Our Team
- Other Team Members
- Appointments and Referrals