Perimenopause, With Open Door Integrative Wellness
Open Door Integrative Wellness is partnering with the WHRC to offer a wellness education program on perimenopause health. During this two-hour workshop, participants will learn about normal physical and emotional symptoms during menopausal changes, along with a variety of strategies to address these uncomfortable symptoms, including hot flashes, insomnia, brain fog, anxiety and depression, digestive complaints, elevated cholesterol, weight gain, fatigue and stress management. We will learn how to address some symptoms by making dietary changes, and we will discuss the perimenopausal time from the perespective of East Asian Medicine. We will also practice restorative yoga and breathing exercises to help women experiencing these symptoms.
Holly Westling, RN, MS, Certified Nutrition Specialist and Cicely Conway, Master of Acupuncture
- Space is limited, so please pre-register by calling (603) 650-2600.
- All classes must be paid for in full one week before they begin, and we are unable to provide refunds for a program after that date.
- WHRC reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment.
- In case of bad weather, class cancellations will be made on the day of the class: by 2:30 pm for evening classes, and by 8:30 am for daytime classes.
- Scholarships are available from donations made to the WHRC FRIENDS program.
- Some managed care plans are now offering reimbursement to their subscribers for participation in our health care classes. Call your employer or insurance customer representative to find out if you are eligible.
Keywords: Aging, Community Health Education