MoviPrep for Morning Procedure
The GI Associates of New Hampshire office will fax a prescription for MoviPrep to your pharmacy. You need to pick up your MoviPrep from your pharmacy at least two days before your scheduled procedure. If your MoviPrep is not available for pick up at your pharmacy, call GI Associates (Concord Endoscopy Center).
If you have a tendency to be constipated, also purchase Milk of Magnesia. You may use zinc oxide or Desitin® ointment to protect your skin during the bowel preparation.
Two days before your procedure
Stay on a low fiber diet. Do not eat any beans, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, nuts or any food containing seeds such as poppy, sesame, or sunflower. Do not eat any foods containing flax.
If you tend to be constipated, take one ounce (two tablespoons) of Milk of Magnesia on this day.
One day before your procedure
Be sure to drink all of the solution. Not completing the bowel prep may result in rescheduling your procedure. By morning you should be having greenish yellow to clear liquid bowel movements.
- Stay on the clear liquid diet. No solid food. No red Jell-O®.
- Prepare and take the MoviPrep:
- Empty the contents of one pouch A and one pouch B into the 1-liter (quart) container provided.
- Add lukewarm water to the fill line. Do not add anything else to this solution. Chill in refrigerator.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to mix the second pouch A and the second pouch B into another 1-liter (quart) container to chill ahead of time (or you can mix it in the first container after you finish drinking the first solution).
- At 5:00 pm, start drinking the MoviPrep. Take eight ounces every 15 minutes until the entire first liter is gone.
- At 6:30 pm, drink the second liter of MoviPrep solution. Take eight ounces every 15 minutes until the entire second liter is gone.
- Drink an additional liter (quart) of clear liquid during the course of the evening.
On the day of your procedure
- Remember: no solid food before your procedure. Stay on the clear liquid diet up until two hours before your scheduled procedure then stop, then nothing by mouth two hours before your exam.
- Treatments and Services
- Patient Support and Education
- Concord Preparation Instructions
- Lebanon Preparation Instructions
- Manchester Preparation Instructions
- Nashua Preparation Instructions
- Low Fiber and Clear Liquid Diets
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Appointments and Referrals