Questions For Your Team
Before joining a clinical trial, you'll probably have questions for your research team, such as:
- Who is sponsoring this study?
- What is the goal of the study?
- How do you determine if I'm eligible for this trial?
- Will I benefit from participating in this study?
- What are the risks if I choose to participate?
- What is the usual treatment for my condition?
- How different is this trial from that treatment?
- Does my participation affect the care that I will be receiving?
- What will be expected of me if I participate?
- How many times will I need to come to DHMC?
- What will happen each time I am there?
- Will I be expected to pay for anything?
- Will my insurance be expected to pay for anything?
- How long will the study last?
- What happens to me when the study is over?
- What happens if I decide to leave?
We can't answer those questions now, of course - but bring them to your team, along with any other concerns you have.
Be sure to remember that you are free to leave a trial at any point and that, whatever your decision, you will receive the same comprehensive care at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.