Living with Cystic Fibrosis
- Reduce the risk of infection. Stay current with vaccinations, wash hands often, and avoid situations where contact with dangerous germs is likely.
- Exercise as your doctor advises. Exercise helps to clear the lungs, builds the strength of breathing muscles, and improves the overall fitness of the lungs and heart. It also makes you feel good!
- Eat as your doctor advises. Good nutrition is especially important for people with CF due to increased caloric demand and incomplete digestion.
- Avoid tobacco smoke. People with CF should not smoke or be exposed to tobacco smoke!
- Get lots of rest. Rest helps your body fight illness and helps you stay well.
- Keep your appointments with the CF center. It is important to meet with your CF center team on a regular basis not only to detect any changes in your health, but also to find out about new treatments that might help to improve your condition.
- Special Programs
- COPD Clinic
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Interventional Pulmonology
- Neuromuscular Clinic
- Pulmonary Function Testing Lab (PFT)
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program (DHMC)
- Clinical Trials
- Our Team
- More Appointment Information