Our Nutrition Programs
We offer a yearly nutrition evaluation in which a clinical dietitian assesses a patient's nutritional needs, develops and implements nutrition programs, and evaluates and reports the results. The dietitian coordinates a patient's medical and nutritional needs with doctors and other health care professionals.
During a nutrition evaluation:
- The patient is asked what foods and portion sizes he or she usually eats. Answers are compared to estimated needs for calories, calcium and other nutrients.
- Height and weight are recorded and Body Mass Index is calculated. These measurements are compared to standard growth charts or ideal body weight charts to assess growth.
- Skinfold thickness is measured to assess body fat stores, and then compared to standards for age.
- Enzyme and vitamin doses are evaluated, and any problems are discussed.
- Finally, the patient is given suggestions on ways to better meet their nutritional needs.
- Special Programs
- COPD Clinic
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Interventional Pulmonology
- Neuromuscular Clinic
- Pulmonary Function Testing Lab (PFT)
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program (DHMC)
- Clinical Trials
- Our Team
- More Appointment Information