Laser treatments can be used to treat skin texture changes, brown spots or age spots, scars, facial redness, obvious blood vessels or vascular birth marks.
- Light energy may stimulate new collagen, reduce appearance of larger pores and smooth skin texture
- Works best for skin tone and texture improvement including:
- Fine lines and wrinkles, large pores, scarring, pigmentation blending
- Deep wrinkles, severe textured skin due to sun exposure, and scars ranging from acne so surgical scars
- Multiple treatments are usually required for best results
Blood vessels, redness and brown spots
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a gentle laser approach, for combating the effects of aging. IPL delivers pulses of light that penetrate the lower levels of the skin. These intense pulses of light are absorbed by pigmented substances in the skin. As a result, blood vessels and unwanted brown spots in the skin are heated and destroyed. This process is “non-ablative”, meaning the surface of the skin is left intact. IPL can reverse the damage caused by the sun, all while stimulating collagen production. This treatment is perfect for treating brown and red discoloration.
The VBEAM, commonly referred to as a pulsed dye laser, produces a light that selectively destroys the extra blood vessels without damaging your surrounding tissue. VBEAM is commonly used to treat dilated blood vessels and redness.
Skin tone and texture improvement
Fine lines and wrinkles, large pores, scarring, pigmentation blending
To rejuvenate your skin, we use a non-ablative laser that causes microscopic injuries to the dermis. These microscopic injuries will heal, and in turn will promote collagen production causing your skin to look young and healthy. We use the non-ablative laser to treat a variety of conditions such as, but not limited to, fine lines and wrinkles, large pores, scarring, pigmentation blending, and to improve the texture and quality of your skin. This treatment can be done with minimal recovery time.
Deep wrinkles, sun exposure, acne scars, surgical scars
Utilizing the CO2 ablative fractionated laser can correct deep wrinkles, severe textured skin due to sun exposure, and scars (both acne and surgical scars) all without surgery. This treatment is similar to the non-ablative laser treatment but requires more recovery time.
PicoWay uses dual wavelength lasers to remove tattoos or pigmented spots from the skin. Using picosecond laser technology, the PicoWay laser treats multi-colored tattoos on a variety of different skin types. The results achieved from the PicoWay laser are faster, using 40% shorter pulses. This means your body can clear the particles removed more easily, making a more efficient treatment.
- Dermatology Teams
- Treatments and Services
- Contact Dermatitis
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Cutaneous Lymphoma
- Dermatology-Rheumatology Clinic
- Hair Disorders and Hair Loss
- High Risk Skin Cancer
- Immunobullous Disease Clinic
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Phototherapy and Photodynamic Therapy
- Psychocutaneous Medicine
- Skin Cancer Care (Mohs Surgery)
- Research and Clinical Trials
- For Health Care Professionals
- Appointments and Referrals